Date and Time
Friday December 9th, 2016
1400 - 1700
The APT-Training Center
Group Consultation with Kristin A.R. Osborn
Boston MA, USA, Saturday, November 19, 2016
Join your colleagues to watch video segments of your very own psychotherapy sessions and receive feedback and guidance from Kristin Osborn.
Overall Learning Objectives:
You’ll receive feedback that is applicable to your practice. You’ll learn more about the APT approach when working with emotion and how to support your professional and personal self in a compassionate way.
- How to assess your client and create a treatment plan
- How to identify affect phobias in your client using APT-forms
- How to identify affect phobias in your client’s family system and their impact on your client
- How to develop a strong working bond with your client
- How to help your client cultivate self-compassion
- How to help your client experience affect exposures (grief, sadness, anger, rage, positive feelings of the self)
- How to help your client increase their sense of self
- How to help your client increase their ability to create healthy relationships
- Video segments of psychotherapy sessions
- Donovan, J., Osborn, K., Rice, S., Paraverbal Communication in Psychotherapy: Beyond the Words
- Leigh McCullough, Nat Kuhn, Stuart Andrews, Jonathon Wolf, Amelia Kaplan, and Cara Lanza Hurley, Treating Affect Phobia: A Manual for Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, 2003
- Bruce D. Perry, The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist’s Notebook-What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love and Healing, 2007
Boston, USA: $125.00 by cash, check or PayPal
Bookings are closed for this event.