For those who are struggling with performance anxiety.
An article on ISTDP for Medically Unexplained Symptoms that highlights how ISTDP integrates theories of cause with powerful theories of change. It includes a summary of some of the impressive emerging research in this area and a case vignette illustration.
Archives of Medical Psychology
An examination of sexual abuse by parental figures.
- Shengold, L. (1979) Child Abuse and Deprivation Soul Murder. Journal of American Psychoanalysis Association, 27: 533-559
The Boston Change Process Study Group outlines the relational and affectively charged ‘moments of meeting’ that are mutative in psychodynamic therapy. Applicable to APT and other dynamic therapies.
- Stern et. al. (1998) Non-Interpretive Mechanisms in Psychoanalytic Therapy: The ‘Something More’ Than Interpretation. The International Journal of Psychoanalysis, 79: 903-921
A must read on how to protect your clients identify before you ship a case study to the publisher.
- Coughlin, P., (2016) Maximizing Effectiveness in Psychotherapy, Routledge.
- Grant, A. (2014) Give & Take: Why Helping Others Drives our Success, Penguin Books.
- Maroda,K. (2010), Psychodynamic Techniques: Working with Emotion in the Therapeutic Relationship; Guilford Press.
- Panksepp, Jaak (2010), Affective neuroscience of the emotional BrainMind: evolutionary perspectives and implications for understanding depression, Dialogues in Clinical Neuroscience. 2010 Dec; 12(4): 533-545 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181986/
- Panksepp, Jaak (2013), The Archeaology of the Mind, W.W. Norton & Company.
- Sandler, S. (2016) Tea with Freud: An Imaginary Conversation about How Psychotherapy Really Works, Dog Ear Publishing.
- Sapolsky, R. (1994)., Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers: The acclaimed guide to Stress, Stress-related disorders and coping, St. Martin’s Press, New York, New York.
- Van Der Kolk, B (2012) The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Viking Press.