Consultations are strongly recommended for all clinicians interested in learning how to develop their skills in APT and is a requirement for becoming a Certified APT™-Therapist.
Since audio-visual recording is an integral aspect of training, we have developed an assessment form that can help you prepare for your consultations. The Certified APT™-Consultation Form was designed to assist trainees in the assessment and development of their skills and it reflects each chapter of the Treating Affect Phobia Manual. We strongly recommend that trainees fill it out before their consultation. During your consultation, your supervisor will add notes and ratings, as well as, recommendations.
Please save all completed forms for your portfolio as they are required for certification.
Certified APT™-Consultation Form
Certified APT™-Consultation Form (Short)
While face-to face consultations are desirable, many of our Certified APT™-Supervisors also offer on-line consultation. Please refer to this publication for guidelines for on-line training.
Web Based Supervision for Advanced Psychotherapy Training: A Practical Guide
Please remember to maintain confidentiality by making sure your videocamera is used only for professional reasons and is stored with the same security as psychotherapy notes. When transferring files, use an auto-encrypting device like: this or this. These devices can be carried off site because they self-encrypt, meaning that information is secure even if they are lost and stolen.
We currently recommend the Panasonic HC-W580 video camera and Movie Maker (PC) and iMovie (MAC) or Adobe Premiere Pro (Mac) for subtitling.
All Certified APT™-Supervisors were trained by Leigh McCullough and are located in North American and Europe. If you would like to schedule an appointment for a consultation please email us.
The following individuals have been certified to teach Affect Phobia Therapy. Please email us if you would like to arrange for a training at your site.
- Stuart Andrews PhD, Washington DC
- Lene Berggraf PhD, Norway
- Maneet Bhatia PhD C, Canada
- Ronete Cohen MA, UK, The Netherlands and Israel
- Birgitta Elmquist, Sweden, Spain, Estonia, Lithuania
- Kristin Hansen PhD, West Coast USA
- Leif Havnesköld PhD, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Lithuania
- Amelia Kaplan Romanowsky PhD, New York, New York
- Truls Ryum, Ph.D., Norway
- Elisabeth Schanche PhD, Norway
- Jenny Svebeck, Stockholm, Sweden
- Nat Kuhn MD, Boston
- Kristin A.R. Osborn MA LMHC, Boston
- Elke Schlager PhD, Washington DC & Costa Rica
- Pål Ulvenes PhD, Norway
- Jakob Valen, Ph.D., Norway